Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Marketplace Promotions Assistant to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
You will be reporting into the Promotions Operations Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Marketplace Promotional Buyers to support them in procuring and briefing deals from sellers for promotional campaigns, and managing the Product Briefing Process with sellers.
- Review performance of promotional activities and drive continuous improvement of Sales performance.
- Supporting the team with administrative functions linked to vetting and loading Daily Deals and Promotions:
- Record & report exceptions, queries and technical issues to internal stakeholders
- Check pricing, availability, selection & appropriateness of products
- Record & report required marketing material to internal stakeholders
- In executing the above tasks, ensure that promotional KPI’s are met:
- Increased new buyers
- Increased GMV
- Increased profitability
- Increased sell-through
- Increased marketplace participation
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Organized, ability to prioritize
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Having a tertiary qualification would be advantageous
- 1-2 years related retail / commerce experience
- Competency in MS Office packages, particularly excel
- E-commerce experience preferable but not an absolute requirement
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB. Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.